Hello and Welcome

Welcome to my Squidoo blog, where I share my experiences, tips and thoughts on writing online (mostly on the Squidoo platform). You can use the links on the right hand side to explore the places (and profiles) I write under.

Friday, 16 November 2012

Comics, YouTube, Payday & Stuff

Last week someone shared this wonderful comic on the Wizzley and Squidoo forum from 'the oatmeal' about producing content online. While he focuses on the issues of writing comics there are alot of things that can also be applied to writing online and it's definitely an entertaining read, so check it out here: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/making_things if you haven't seen it already.

In other news I've revived my YouTube career over at my new YouTube channel, I used to have an old channel where I uploaded gameplay/walkthroughs and managed to reach abour 1.2k subscribers, so hopefully I can reach there and beyond this time. I'm hoping to get into a SocialBlade partnership at the end of this month (I already have the view requirements) to start making money from these videos and integrate them with Squidoo to earn some extra revenue, not to mention its just fun to make game related videos.

It was also Squidoo payday today where everyone recieved payments for royalties from September. My Squidoo payday was a 21% increase on last months and looking at my payday stats I didn't get paid Tier 2 for many lenses that are now comfortably insde Tier 2, so I can only expect this great growth to continue (fun fact; my Squidoo earnings have increased a total of ~400% since September last year).

As a final note I've finished 3 of my 4 exams thus far, just have to get through Derivatives and then I am on holidays for 3 months and I've got some very big plans for Squidoo and YouTube during that time, I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know about social blade yet, looks interesting. Good luck with your videos!

    ReplyDelete