Hello and Welcome

Welcome to my Squidoo blog, where I share my experiences, tips and thoughts on writing online (mostly on the Squidoo platform). You can use the links on the right hand side to explore the places (and profiles) I write under.

Saturday, 30 March 2013

Squidoo Goes NoFollow

A few days ago Squidoo shocked its users with a rapid change, they introduced NoFollow on all outbound links. Talk about unexpected!

Don't get me wrong the decision is a good one from HQ but I find it hard to believe that Squidoo didn't already have something in place before it reached this point. All the other major writing platforms (Wizzley, HubPages and Zujava) have some sort of requirements before your links go DoFollow so why didn't Squidoo make Giant status the requirement ages ago (or something similar)?

Everybody is jumping up and down with excitement with the change and I don't have any complaints either, although I am slightly saddened by the fact that my hard work on Squidoo can't be used to boost my blog or related websites. I'm glad a few other lensmasters have brought the issue up as well (like Spirituality's post, who sums up my view perfectly).

Hopefully it will turn around the recent Squidoo slap that seems to have plagued the site and make it future proof. I'm still relatively unaffected compared to some others with drops as big as 50% (if not more).

I was going to continue this post and talk about the growing feeling of being a Squidoo outcast but I'll save that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment